- Rock Island Salesmen -- much better all around! Keep up the good work! I noticed several people tapping their feet to keep time -- we want to go from tapping feet to bouncing in place to keep time.
- Ensemble -- In "Iowa Stubborn", sing bigger out of Alma's line, "She wouldn't have come anyway."
- Harold -- after "Iowa Stubborn", start dialogue with Jacey about the rig faster and don't stand right in front of him.
- Harold -- review lines during "You Got Trouble".
- Amaryllis -- nice reaction after the "Old Maid" line!
- Quartet -- I liked that you take off your hats during "Columbia, Gem of the Ocean". Nice! Keep it!
- Ensemble -- After Mayor's line, "a spectacle; my wife", we need a gasp of reaction from you.
- Wa Tan Ye girls -- be more scared of the firecracker noise.
- Harold -- in "76 Trombones", end "tantara" on an up note rather than a down note.
- Harold -- in "76 Trombones", indicate the Shinns to come up and move on. Don't linger to see if they come up.
- Harold -- in "76 Trombones", good job picking up the tuba in the instruments when you mime the instruments!
- Quartet -- need to review blocking on "Goodnight Ladies"
- Ensemble -- the two lines in "Wells Fargo Wagon" are sloppy and jumbled. We need to clean those up.
- Ensemble -- don't start talking to each other after "Wells Fargo Wagon". We need to continue with the scene.
- Shipoopi dancers -- you looked like there was a lot of confusion during the dance. We need to review this dance to tighten it up.
- Mayor -- come in right after Shipoopi and go straight to Tommy. Don't try to sneak in. Big, bold entrance is needed.
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Rehearsal Notes 3-13
Posted by Steve Pickering at 5:40 AM